Oct 10, 2005

Schoolyard Rules & True/False

Do you ever wish that life was run on playground rules? Wouldn't it be awesome to yell, "Oops! I want a do-over I wasn't looking that time!" when you mess something up. Or, wouldn't it be great, to be able to yell, "Dibs! That job is mine, I saw it first!" And if someone has something really great, wouldn't you love to ask them to go "halfsies". And would dating be easier if you could send a friend over to ask, "TC, wants to know if you like her." Lawsuits would give way to schoolyard tactics as that person who was rude to you on the bus could get a punch in the nose because they deserve it.

The thing is kids have their own set of rules. They are simple, straight forward and there are no grey areas. If I like you, I talk to you, if I don't like you, I ignore you. Simple. Just once I would love to go up to a stranger and say, "Hi, my name is TC would like to come to my house to hang out." and not have them look at me like I am some psycho stalker chick whom they may need to identify in a line-up some day.

True/False meme

Thanks to Princssis for tagging me for this meme. I figured I would include in in this post for something a little fun.

Here are 20 things about me that could be true. In the comments section, just tell me which ones you think are false. Sound fun? Good!

1. I have 15 Aunts and Uncles on my fathers side.
2. I failed typing in high school.
3. I am an office manager.
4. I married my high school sweetheart
5. I married at 29 years old
6. I used to know all the words to "We didn't start the fire"
7. I love "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" movies
8. I used to have a crush on Corey Hart and Patrick Swayze
9. I have had 16 operations.
10. I have made wedding cakes for friends and family.
11. My favorite childhood book is "Anne of Green Gables"
12. I talk on-line to my friend who introduced me to my dh every day.
13. I have never seen her son.
14. I am always late.
15. I once had a bear eat our food while camping
16. My friends and I were rescued by cute guys down the trail.
17. We had adult friends who heard us screaming nearby but they ignored us.
18. I have never been in a car accident.
19. Prince Charming and I play scrabble all the time.
20. I have never seen a hurricane.

No comments:

Twitter