Oct 5, 2005

Meet Sleepless Cinderella

Let me tell you a story. I went to bed at my regular time, snuggled down in my nice warm bed for a restful nihgts sleep. But then I was unexpectedly attacked. The attack came swift, and I didn't see it coming. I was laying there relaxed when a worried thought came out of nowhere and smashed me in the head.

After that, no matter what I did, I just couldn't get the worries about my moves out of my head. They barraged me, swirling around my head in a constant attack "Did you remember this?" and "What about that?" and "Don't forget about that bill!" I was defenseless against this unexpected assault.

Eventually sometime around four in the morning, I managed to stop the attack long enough to close my eyes and go to sleep in an exhausted, dreamless sleep (thank God)

This morning, a mere four hours after finally going to sleep, I am up again, introducing the world to Sleepless Cinderella. Trust me, she ain't pretty. She stumbles around nursing a cup of coffee, thinking, "God let this day end quick."

No comments:

Twitter