Sep 20, 2005

Don't ya just hate it . . .

Don't you just hate budgets? Wouldn't it be nice to go grocery shopping and get what you want instead of what you can afford? With moving coming and a recent purchase of oil, grocery day this week was really tight.

I hate deciding that I can afford the milk for my coffee but not toast to go with it. Ugh. I guess this is not a particularly witty post. Just wishing I could shop with a princess's budget instead of a pauper's. I would love to wander down grocery isles with two carts loading up on whatever strikes my fancy. "Oh look chocolate cheesecakes, mmmm . . . I think I'll take two. And Milk, what the heck . . . why lets get skim, whole, chocolate, and vanilla! You'd like what, darling? Oh sure pick yourself up a couple" Instead I get to be the mean goblin keeper of the budget, "You'd like what?!? Oh I don't think so!" Evil cackling ensues as I watch dreams of yummy foods dashed to bits on the rocks of such wild extravagences as butter and tomatoes.

Oh well. Things will get better. I did get everything I need and I know people are worse off than I am. I keep talking to myself like my mother did when I was a child, "Millions of children in Africa would kill to be in your place" . . . yeah, it didn't make me feel much better then either.

No comments:

Twitter